Thank you to White Girls Be Like… for nominating me for this award! She’s a pretty fabulous and hysterical blogger 🙂
Here are the five rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
1. How are you feeling today? What’s new in life?
After a long and stressful day today watching the Patriots vs. Ravens, I now know I get to do it all over again next week. So I’m feeling indifferent!
I also ate my weight in buffalo chicken dip, so I’m feeling a bit large at the moment.
2. What’s your favorite thing to write/blog about?
Probably everyday humor. If something awkwardly strange happened to me, I like to share it just to get a good laugh.
3. Is there anything you wish you could write about but you can’t because of propriety or other stuff like that?
In the whole scheme of things, I generally do not like to hold back when it comes to writing. Sometimes you can’t help it. In my grad program, holding back is not part of the handbook for nonfiction! But when it comes to blogging, I try to hold off on the swearing, but sometimes, it just makes the story funnier for some reason.
4. What’s your “life dream”? Like, if you could achieve or do ANYTHING in the world, what would it be?
That’s such a hard question because it changes everyday! My main goal in life right now is to finish writing my book and to get it published. I would also love to be a guest on Conan one day.
The thought of living in a different country for a year sounds exciting, fabulous, and therapeutic as well. And even the good old American dream with an SUV, house, dog (and Mumford) and a baby or two. It depends on my mood!
5. What would you want to achieve with your blog, if anything?
My only wish is for more viewers. This is a place where I write silly, and at times, pointless posts because of the entertainment, and my lovely readers. After reading and writing seriously nearly everyday, it’s nice to hop on here and read and write stupid but hilarious posts. It’s very relaxing. This is my form of mingling, since I’m no good at it in person.
6. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I started blogging in June 2014, not long before leaving on my cross country road trip from New Hampshire to California for the big move. At first I started it to become familiar with the blogging world, because it was so unfamiliar and daunting to me. And now, it’s just a place to record some of the highlights in my life.
7. Have you ever been in love? If so, tell your story. If not, describe your perfect love scenario.
Why yes, I am in love! And I’ve been with him for five years this March. We met through mutual friends about six months into college, and it wasn’t until we started dating that we realized we may have met each other on numerous occasions beforehand and never realized. We started dating our freshman year of college. I dated here and there before him, and I have to say, it was god awful and I’m so glad I don’t have to do it again (I’m truly sorry to those still dating). They always say in magazine articles and TV shows and shit that dating is so unbelievably fun, but my experience was horrible, stressful, and confusing, and I felt like crazy Taylor Swift throughout the whole thing.
To those of you still dating and having a rough time, my advice is find the person that brings out the best in you. If it wasn’t for Sam, I wouldn’t have traveled through Europe for five months, barely would have finished college seeing as the first semester was really rocky, and I wouldn’t be in grad school right now, and neither would he. And I certainly would not be living in California right now. I’d probably be living in a box in cold, icky Durham, NH having spent all my money working retail.
|He really is the best.|
8. What are some of your favorite posts of all time?
I’m a little bummed because Hyperbole & A Half doesn’t blog anymore, or at least hasn’t in quite a while, but nearly every post on her blog has me giggling for days. I also nearly died when I read Fits of Wit’s post Santa Wants His D in my V.
9. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing would be the blogger friends I’ve made. Anytime I receive a comment on my post, I’m never filled with dread or stressing out about what it might say because it’s always a great comment from a fellow blogger. Everyone in the blogging community is sweet and kind which is refreshing considering how the internet is these days.
My least favorite thing is that it’s time consuming, and distracting. For instance, I should be reading Anna Karenina right now, but I’m blogging instead.
10. What made you want to write? (And by that I mean any type of writing, not just blogging or whatever.)
My mother recalls me saying that I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. I don’t remember this, but I think the idea of writing as a career had always been in the back of my mind, but I didn’t think it could happen until further into college. I used to write plays and start novels when I was in elementary and middle school. I began writing my memoir when I was eighteen, just before college, but I never got passed the eighth page and I deleted the entire thing and didn’t think twice about it for almost three years. Then one night in London, Sam and I got a little silly with some vodka and I asked him what his thoughts were about me writing a book. I had never mentioned this to anyone before because the idea sounded so crazy to me. Kind of like when someone says, “I’m an actress” but they haven’t actually landed a role before. That’s how I felt/feel now when I want to say, “I’m a writer.” But Sam supported it 100% and when we got home from abroad, I took a writing class and fell in love. It sometimes takes a while before you realize what you actually want to do with your life, whether you think it will work out or not.
My Questions For The Nominees:
1. What is your everyday life like? What would you do to change it?
2. What are your New Years resolutions, if you have any?
3. What’s your guilty pleasure on television right now?
4. What has your blogging experience been like so far?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up at the age of ten?
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
7. When have you been at your happiest?
8. If you could marry any character from a novel, who would it be and why?
9. What are some of your pet peeves?
10. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
1. Fits of Wit
5. H.E. Ellis