GUYS. Jane from Cupid or Cats has nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. I’m so stoked (look at me sounding like a native Californian). Personally, I think being seen as creative is a huge compliment! It makes me feel all warm inside, and like I need to do crazy creative projects that I don’t have time for. And on top of that, having Jane nominate me is a huge honor because she’s fantastic, references Scary Movie, and I can only imagine her super awesome Irish accent.
Here are the rules for the Creative Blogger Award, though I do think it’s a bit ironic. Creative people do not believe in rules:
1. Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs.
2. Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you.
3. Share five facts about yourself to your readers.
4. Pass these rules on to them.
Here are the five facts about me!
1. I’m super anal when it comes to my books. They need to be alphabetized by the author’s last name, and tucked in a neat fashion on my book shelf. Every few months, I’ll take all of my books out, dust the book shelf, and place them all back neatly where they belong. I take better care of my books than I do myself.
2. My family and I are originally from Lynn, Massachusetts. They called it (or still do) “Lynn, Lynn the city of Sin” because of how corrupt and chaotic the city was. Have any of you seen The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg? And his mother and his 17 crazy, nasty sisters were all super annoying and causing trouble with those obnoxious Boston accents? I know those women. In fact, on our drive from New Hampshire to California, the first fifteen minutes at 2am we were driving through a city and there were a ton of people like half naked roaming the streets and it was Wednesday. I asked Sam where we were and he said, “Lowell….” and I’m all like “Ohhhhh, that makes sense…”
^ This is seriously the most accurate scene, and it’s my favorite.
3. I’ve traveled the world. In Fall of 2011, I studied abroad in London. From August to December, I spent those months traveling around Europe and it was one of the best times of my life. I visited Dublin, Edinburgh, Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Amsterdam, as well as places around England such as Bath and Colchester. But my favorite city out of all of the cities was Edinburgh. It met all of my expectations and then some.
4. I have a very interesting family tree. My Grampy’s sister did a lot of research years ago to find out who our ancestors are and what she found was incredible. Apparently I’m related to a lot of pretty fabulous people such as George Washington, Governor Bradford, Franklin Roosevelt, William the Conqueror, Elizabeth II, and George W. Bush. Of course, everyone thinks that’s entirely unbelievable but these people didn’t just crawl out of a rock.
5. My favorite TV show right now is Pretty Little Liars, and it has been for years now. I’m not even ashamed. Shits good.
Here are my nominees for this awesome award: